Question Upgraded Ram, now CPU and RAM usage stays high

Jan 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude e6320
i5-2520m
4gb Ram

I had 4gb of ram with 2 sticks of 2gb running on dual channel, then i upgraded and put 2 sticks of 4gb ram, a total of 8gb (max support for dell latitude e6320).
On BIOS and in every test i made it showed that i have 8gb of ram running on dual channel and it was great.

Then after a few minutes laptop started heating and i saw that CPU and RAM usage are above 60% even if im not doing anything.
Thanks in advance

What happens if you put original memory back into laptop and monitored it doing your normal things.

Than at least you have feedback on if it is indeed changing the memory or not. Than If all is okay try reinstalling new memory and switch slots and make sure it latches down correctly. Sometimes memory just works on install and than sometimes it's a pain. good luck

Jan 2, 2020
Your original sticks of ram were way to small for windows 10 or 8 so check speed not ram use. Sweet spot for ram is 32gb not 2 GB. That's the rub..it works with 2gig but should have more. Now the heat, how hot? Normal or boiling.

even if you're not doing anything, the laptop could be downloading updates or creating a restore checkpoint in the background. You may want to reduce your virtual pagefile now that you added real memory. obvious make sure your fans are clean and vents not blocked as the added RAM will contribute a bit of heat.

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude e6320
i5-2520m
4gb Ram

I had 4gb of ram with 2 sticks of 2gb running on dual channel, then i upgraded and put 2 sticks of 4gb ram, a total of 8gb (max support for dell latitude e6320).
On BIOS and in every test i made it showed that i have 8gb of ram running on dual channel and it was great.

Then after a few minutes laptop started heating and i saw that CPU and RAM usage are above 60% even if im not doing anything.
Thanks in advance