Question Upgraded to a MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti and Now Im Having Stutters.... Help Please

Dec 26, 2022
So i just got a RTX 3060 Ti for Christmas and sense then my games have been stuttering bad. The games are Roblox, Gta 5, Apex Legends, Minecraft. Before I had a AMD rx 580 and it worked ok but it didn't stutter. so idk what the problem is.

Here is the stuttering in Roblox ------- (YouTube Video) Sense YouTube caped the fps of the video to 60 u cant really see the stutters that well but they are there

Here are my PC stats ------ (PC Stats)

Please Try To Help

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
So i just got a RTX 3060 Ti for Christmas and sense then my games have been stuttering bad. The games are Roblox, Gta 5, Apex Legends, Minecraft. Before I had a AMD rx 580 and it worked ok but it didn't stutter. so idk what the problem is.

Here is the stuttering in Roblox ------- (YouTube Video) Sense YouTube caped the fps of the video to 60 u cant really see the stutters that well but they are there

Please Try To Help

In another post I mentioned this, AMD processors don't behave very well with the 4 slots of ram being used.
  • First question what is your PSU?
  • Take out two ram and try to see if the problem persists.

Dec 26, 2022
In another post I mentioned this, AMD processors don't behave very well with the 4 slots of ram being used.

hmm ill have to check. i cant remember if its a 650w or a 600w but i will check. but it would be so much easier if there was a software where i can see it without taking the back off of my pc ;-;

Dec 26, 2022

So The ram solution dident work

But this is my PSU i think its the problem

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
it says the model

it says the model at the top (Model No. EVGA 600 GD)
I can't find any reviews / tests about the PSU so it turns out to be a PSU I wouldn't buy even though it's cheap for a gold certified one.
Users saying it's very good is not a review / test.
The recommended PSU is 600 watts true but you have to take into account the rest of the components in general, it may be that the PSU is not delivering enough power for components.
650W or 750W it's better to have another 100 watts more.
But before you buy anything, have you tried formatting Windows?
I had the same problem when I had a Nox Urano 750W with an RX 570 4gb that I noticed stutters,
When I switched to a Seasonic S12III 650W I even gained FPS and system stability

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
alright and can u please see or find a PSU model that is the best for me because i saw in one of your comments u said Corsair RM PSU's are bad
What I currently recommend are
  • EVGA G6 / GT
  • Seasonic Prime
  • Phanteks Revolt Pro
Seasonic Focus Gold despite being at the same price as the G6 and GT I prefer the EVGA, I don't really like the focus lineup due to technical terms and problems that I have noticed with the experience of certain users. Whether Seasonic or EVGA sources or even the most expensive ones can have problems, none is exclusive to this.
And Seasonic Prime is Seasonic's best lineup but it's much more expensive than the 3 three options I gave
The EVGA G6 model uses the same Japanese capacitors as the Seasonic, in this case this model was a match between both, and Seasonic being a reference brand of great quality in the power supply segment.
GT is inferior but usually cheaper in certain regions, but still a great PSU.
Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W, it's a great power supply and turns out to be at a better value than the GT, 130$ for example if you have that value it's a great choice.

This based on research I've done is what I've been recommending lately.

Dec 26, 2022
ok so i looked at the different ones u recommended but they don't look like they would fit my current PSU is L5.5 x W5.9 x H3.4. but the EVGA GT is slightly to long at a L5.9 x W5.9
If you can find a alternatives one that meets those dimensions that would be great

Last edited:

Please Try To Help
Run the userbenchmark and link the results.