Apr 8, 2014
My PC specs:

CPU: i3 2120 3.3Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB
RAM: 8GB
MB: H61M-P20
HDD: 1TB
PSU: LC500W

I am really getting furious while gaming on this GPU, so which GPU should i get in the price range of 100-150 Euros.

I was thinking of an GTX 1050 Ti but i dont know which manufacturer is the best and what the differences are (for example between Asus and Gigabyte).

I know my CPU isnt the best, but i still think this GPU needs to be replaced first, since i bought this PC as a whole like 5 years ago, i cant run any newer games (2015+) other from low-med settings to try to hit around 60fps (if im lucky).

I dont really care much about the graphics, as long as my FPS stays above 60fps, of course i wouldnt like playing on blurry and smudgy textures, but at least supporting my native resolution of 1920x1080 on medium-ish settings would satisfy me (for example running fortnite on native and max 3D resolution, dont care for shadows and other stuff).

I would like to try Nvidia, just because i used AMD on this PC since day one and had an driver issue that couldnt be resolved in these 5 years, but if AMD is more of a budget/performance option, i can stick to it for another painful 5 years.

Solution
The differences between brands tend to be not that important, one might run a little cooler, one might be a bit quieter, the clocks speeds might be a little different leading to small differences in FPS - but for the most part a 1050ti will perform fairly similar to any other 105ti.

The R570 and R580 are very competitive for price and performance these days, but do use more power and need an external power connection.
I still like the 1050ti as an option myself.

Depending on the game that i3 is likely to be a bottleneck though, how baad will depend on the game but you may want to start looking for a good deal on an i5 or i7 if you get the graphics card and still struggle for 60 fps.

You could try loading up MSI afterburner and...

Dugimodo

Distinguished
The differences between brands tend to be not that important, one might run a little cooler, one might be a bit quieter, the clocks speeds might be a little different leading to small differences in FPS - but for the most part a 1050ti will perform fairly similar to any other 105ti.

The R570 and R580 are very competitive for price and performance these days, but do use more power and need an external power connection.
I still like the 1050ti as an option myself.

Depending on the game that i3 is likely to be a bottleneck though, how baad will depend on the game but you may want to start looking for a good deal on an i5 or i7 if you get the graphics card and still struggle for 60 fps.

You could try loading up MSI afterburner and enabling the onscreen overlay to monitor your CPU usage while gaming, if it approaches 100% then it is holding you back. Of course afterburner itself will drop framerates a bit too.

Solution

black_dota

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

Yeah im aware of bottleneck, but i dont see the point of spending 150+ eur on an i5 and still have this GPU and get same frames.

What is the way to see if it will fit on my motherboard? I will add the mobo in the main post.