Blackendhead

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
So, I'm planning on upgrading my current gpu (gtx 1660) to a PowerColor rx 5700 xt.
I got two questions:
I read I have to uninstall the drivers of nvidia with DDU and then do the swap and so. Is this true?
And the other is, is the rx 5700 xt stable now? It seems there's still trouble with it, but for the price it's seems really good,
and I'm gonna give my old card to my brother, he will help me pay for the new one, so pretty big chance.
Thanks so much, this will clear my head.

Solution
You actually dont have to uninstall the Nvidia drivers, although it would probably be best to do so. As far as stability I have Sapphire Pulse 5700XT and been running the latest drivers and can say they are pretty good these days.

However you really may want to wait for the new AMD cards to release instead of buying the 5700XT as the next cards from what Ive read are a big step up in performance.
You actually dont have to uninstall the Nvidia drivers, although it would probably be best to do so. As far as stability I have Sapphire Pulse 5700XT and been running the latest drivers and can say they are pretty good these days.

However you really may want to wait for the new AMD cards to release instead of buying the 5700XT as the next cards from what Ive read are a big step up in performance.

Reactions: Blackendhead
Solution