[SOLVED] Upgrading RAM for gaming on integrated graphics laptop?

j-on

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
I have an i7-6500U Lenovo Yoga 260 that uses HD520 graphics along with 8GBs of ram to play basic games including Valorant, Minecraft, League of Legends and Rocket League. Would it be worth spending $100 to upgrade the RAM to a 1x16GB stick? It would also be helpful with school work as I find that if I have too many things running at once whilst watching a video such as a lecture it does struggle a bit but I'm not sure if that's a CPU bottleneck issue either.

elmotaipale160

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
I have an i7-6500U Lenovo Yoga 260 that uses HD520 graphics along with 8GBs of ram to play basic games including Valorant, Minecraft, League of Legends and Rocket League. Would it be worth spending $100 to upgrade the RAM to a 1x16GB stick? It would also be helpful with school work as I find that if I have too many things running at once whilst watching a video such as a lecture it does struggle a bit but I'm not sure if that's a CPU bottleneck issue either.
What is your ram right now? Is it 2x4 or 1x8? Upgrading to 1x16 is really not worth it and won't solve the bottleneck, you have to get dual channel memory (2 sticks) or a new laptop to decrease the bottleneck.

j-on

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
What is your ram right now? Is it 2x4 or 1x8? Upgrading to 1x16 is really not worth it and won't solve the bottleneck, you have to get dual channel memory (2 sticks) or a new laptop to decrease the bottleneck.
It's only a 1x8, so bottleneck side is the value for going to 16gb still there?