Question Upgrading the Dell T3500

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,
My friend is on a tight budget but he found a dell precision t3500 for pretty cheap with a gtx 780, but the problem is the cpu and the ram.
He wants to game on this machine, it is currently not bad but he wants to upgrade it to get every fps he can. The original CPU is a Xeon W3550, I found a Xeon X5670 on Aliexpress for 17.95. This is the link for it : https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nHeTtuG
I wanted to know if it is good, and he currently has 4 Sticks each of 2gb at the speed of 1333mhz and wanted to know the best ram that is compatible with it, it would be best if it was from aliexpress.
I just wanted to know if he need to update the bios or not or if it is not compatible.
Thank you!

Aug 20, 2019
Might want to read through this thread. I'll ask you to weigh up how much you're actually spending on the entire system and see if that can compare to an entry level Ryzen system with lower power draw and heat dump not to mention a smaller form factor.
The thing is, I am not sure what you would call an entry level, because if we wanted to get a Ryzen 3 2200G with 8 GB ram and a GTX 1660, it would cost around $880 because of where I live, and he doesn't have the budget to that. My friend only needs it to go through his day of gaming in like medium or high maybe even low, I have seen it go 120 fps on high settings on CS:GO ( I know it is not a demanding game). I just wanted to know if a Xeon X5670 would help as it is really cheap, and not sure if anyone used Aliexpress before.