Question Upgrading wattage, same model. Can I reuse cables?

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
Built this (first build) PC back in August and PSU’s were very limited. I snagged a SeaSonic Focus PX750 and was told I could re-use my custom braided CableMod cables if I jumped wattages to the Focus 850+.

Well, my 3080 is en route (paired with 10700K, want headroom for future) and I am now looking to do so and I’m entertaining 850W or 1000W but the models available are rated as Titanium Ultra and it’s the Prime series. Can I re-use my cables from the PX750 even if I’m going from Focus to Prime and platinum to titanium??

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to parse a link to the second PSU. After that we can look at the pinout for both units and then understand if you can reuse the cables. To note, not all PSU's have the same pinout diagram although there are instances where the same series can and will have the same pinout, the only difference would be with the internal design(capacitors and components, not the pinout).

Can you also parse a link to the CableMod cable? Did Cable Mod themselves tell you that you can reuse it? If so, then that settles it. If not, then yeah, better to have us cross check.

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
You will need to parse a link to the second PSU. After that we can look at the pinout for both units and then understand if you can reuse the cables. To note, not all PSU's have the same pinout diagram although there are instances where the same series can and will have the same pinout, the only difference would be with the internal design(capacitors and components, not the pinout).

Can you also parse a link to the CableMod cable? Did Cable Mod themselves tell you that you can reuse it? If so, then that settles it. If not, then yeah, better to have us cross check.
CableMod only addressed jumping wattages within the Focus line. This was a few months back when I was entertaining idea. Now that I have the actual gpu coming and why not have overhead, I’m looking at 1000W which are only avail in titanium and the prime series I believe.
Current PSU
New PSU option 1 (850 or 1000W)
New PSU option 2

CableMod

TRENDING THREADS