Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

I would guesstimate that your total power draw would be approximately 600 Watts during gaming.

Look for a UPS with a rating of 1000 Watts / 1500 VA. APC says this should give you 17 minutes of battery runtime.
What is your system power draw? It should be less than 600 Watts at the AC wall socket.

What else are you planning to connect to the UPS? What about your display panel/monitor?

Are you also planning to power your broadband modem, router, speakers, etc. from the UPS during the power interruption event?

How much battery backup runtime do you want?

What is your budget?

What UPS brands are available where you live?

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012

the system will draw like a 600-650w. have i7 3770 , HD7970 ghz edition GPU.
i will connect the PC , monitor and router. maybe also the speakers logitech Z5500.
battery backup minimum 10min .
i live in Israel, UPS brands here Silverline,APC,ippon,hyundai,gamatronic and some others. budget $140-150

I would guesstimate that your total power draw would be approximately 600 Watts during gaming.

Look for a UPS with a rating of 1000 Watts / 1500 VA. APC says this should give you 17 minutes of battery runtime.

Solution

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012

a UPS with 1000VA will be enough ?

No it won't be if you're in the midst of gaming and you experience a power interruption event.

If your system is just idling when the power interruption event occurs then sure it would give you enough time to effect a proper shutdown of your system.

Just looking at VA rating is not enough. You also need to make sure the wattage rating is also sufficient enough to give you the runtime you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.