[SOLVED] UPS: is it safe to choose an UPS with higher values than needed?

sohaieb001

Prominent
May 8, 2020
Hello,

I used an online UPS calculation for my Desktop PC and its monitor, it displayed that i have to buy an UPS with 1500VA/900W .
The problem is that in my country it is not available, i found only an 2000VA/1200w UPS.

So it is safe to buy an UPS with higher values ?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Thank you for your answer, so this will never damage any thing ?

No, the output voltage is the same 120VAC.

The 1500VA simply indicates how long your computer will run when when a power outage occurs, for a typical PC the 1500VA UPS can provide about 10 minutes of running time, the real run time depends on the number of connected devices and the UPS battery's age. But generally speaking it's enough for you to safely terminate a work session.
Thank you for your answer, so this will never damage any thing ?

The 1500VA simply indicates how long your computer will run when when a power outage occurs, for a typical PC the 1500VA UPS can provide about 10 minutes of running time, the real run time depends on the number of connected devices and the UPS battery's age. But generally speaking it's enough for you to safely terminate a work session.

Solution

sohaieb001

Prominent
May 8, 2020

thank you a lot, you helped me :))

Reactions: lvt