Question UPS makes a clicking sound and my Network Connection stops

My uninterruptible power supply (UPS) makes a clicking sound then my network connection stops, what can I do to fix this problem?

Kind of lacking a lot of details here.

What UPS?

The router is plugged into the UPS?

What all is plugged into the UPS?

Does it click because the power cuts out or is it the buck/boost AVR inside the UPS? (i.e. do your lights go out, do they flicker, etc.?)

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
So my UPS is a black ADR (I don't know the model number as I've lost the stuff that came with it like the box and guide, it's some chinese crap.)
Router isn't plugged into UPS.
This is what's plugged into UPS: monitor, keyboard, mouse & main PC case ofc.
No, the power doesn't cut and it still clicks, it happens randomly.
It's not an APFC PSU, nor is it modified.

Also I'd like to point out that the problem only happens to this desktop PC (connected via an ethernet cable) and plugged into UPS. It does not happen to other devices, such WiFi ones.

Any ideas?

It's not an APFC PSU
Any ideas?

2019 and your PSU doesn't have APFC?

That can be problematic in itself.

What is the make/model PSU you have?

The click from the UPS could be the AVR bucking or boosting (but we don't know if it even has that feature because you can't tell us the model of the UPS).

Other than the PC losing its internet connection, do you see any other symptoms (sound cutting out, lights in PC or peripherals blink, etc.)

And I would also do as @AllanGH says and plug the PC directly into the wall for now.

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
Unfortunately, I still can't find the model for the UPS. I threw the box and stuff. All I can tell is that it's some Chinese crap, company is "ADR"

Other symptoms are that my keyboard, mouse or monitor stop working for a second.

TRENDING THREADS