Question Urban VPN Considered Threat according to TotalAV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2022
So I do a full scan with TotalAV. I go to look at quarantine and found that UrbanVPN is considered a threat.

I google if UrbanVPN is safe and I couldn't find a single website saying it's not unsafe. Everybody is saying it's safe.

So my question is if it's not a threat, then why did TotalAV put it into quarantine??

I'm not going to pretend I know much about PCs. That's why I created a account on this website for help regarding this issue.

For reference I have Windows 10. I have a old laptop ASUS R510L. I don't know if people need more info, if so I can supply a screenshot of my system information if needed in a reply

I have attached a screenshot of TotalAV's result with UrbanVPN in quarantine.
https://ibb.co/93mSSXJ

Apr 30, 2022
Scan with windows defender. Does it say it’s a threat?
Also forgot to mention. It could be a while before I try your suggestion. TotalAV is still scanning for potential threats. My Laptop is old like I originally mentioned. It's slow as heck. That being said, I would prefer to scan with one anti-virus program at a time. Once this scan is complete, I'll give Windows Defender a try. Thanks for your patience,

Apr 30, 2022
Update: It was for sure Urban VPN. I didn't even need to use Windows Defender. I was able to get rid of it with TotalAV,

What I didn't mention before and the reason I needed to get rid of this threat was because my laptop would boot up waaaay slower than usual, it would sometimes mess with framerate issues when watching YouTube videos too. There were even times I thought I had a battery issue because my laptop would randomly turn off even while charging. I have gave it a few hours after removing the threat to see if my issues would continue to pop up and they haven't.

So people from the future that randomly came across this forum while having similar issues due to UrbanVPN. Do a scan to make sure but if you see Urban pop up as a threat DELETE IT!! All of the sites I have seen, no one I came across has ever said UrbanVPN was a threat but I reassure you, it was Urban, look at the screen shot above for reference.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.