Question (Urgent Help) Asus Strix nvidia geforce 970 resolution problem, PC restarts, Why?

Oct 29, 2020
Hi! My GPU is 3 years old. I could play any game released till 2018 at highest graphics settings. Later releases like Battlefield 1 had to played in lower settings, which was not a big deal for me (as I like the storytelling aspect of games). But recently any game I am trying to play (High end to low) my PC starts rebooting. I thought windows 10 may be the problem but even reinstalling the latest Win 10 didn't solve the problem. I was playing Trine 2 at that time with 1920 X 1080 resolution. Than I lowered it to 1600 X 1024 resolution which seemed to work. After playing for 45 minutes, my pc restarted and then same thing started happening all over again. So I lowered the resolution again to 1366 X 768 and then I could play as long as I wanted. I finished trine 2 and trine 3 the same way. I can't play any other games that doesn't start with a loader with graphics changing options. My PC runs fine all day if I don't start any games. Please let me know what is wrong.

My PC build:
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz 6-Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 Micro ATX AM3+
RAM: Team Dark 1X4 GB 1600
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Video Card
PSU: Corsair VS 650 W ATX

Oct 29, 2020
not enough ram. psu is lowest end from corsair
legit windows 10 pro?
check cpu temp?
Well my 8 gb ram died last year. Other than that I didn't change anything since 2017. The resolution problem started few months ago. My job and my kid does not leave me enough time to play games so I don't think I strained the GPU too much. The CPU temperature are always within range. Recently the GPU fan starts spinning at full speed the moment I login to windows. Task manager does not show any suspicious apps running that may cause it. As I said earlier I can't run any games, yet all apps are slowed down to a halt. Turning the PC off for a few hours seems to stop it but I can't find what's causing it.