[SOLVED] URGENT!! I downloaded driver booster and it made my laptop slower even after a reset

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
I downloaded driver booster 8 and had 20 drivers out of date, I restarted my laptop and its so slow. I tried doing a system restore but it didn't work. I even reset my laptop but it is still very slow. I really need help

Colif

Win 11 Master
In future, don't use driver booster. Programs like that promise to make things easier but often install the wrong drivers. I learned that myself. Manually updating might be harder but tis safer.

a reset should have forced windows to get different drivers. Whether they are the newest is another story

Go to the support page for the laptop model, most laptop makers have auto update functions on website so if laptop is fairly new, it might get newer drivers there.

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
In future, don't use driver booster. Programs like that promise to make things easier but often install the wrong drivers. I learned that myself. Manually updating might be harder but tis safer.

a reset should have forced windows to get different drivers. Whether they are the newest is another story

Go to the support page for the laptop model, most laptop makers have auto update functions on website so if laptop is fairly new, it might get newer drivers there.
Can you please please tell me what to do to make my laptop better. I honestly am lost

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't believe you would have 20 drivers on there, its not normal. I just reacting to what Driver Booster found. Its good at finding the wrong drivers, I have lost sound using it before. Shame you reset before coming here as though DB is bad, it creates a system restore point before installing any drivers so we could have rolled back to before it installed any.

Too late now as reset wiped that.

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
I can't believe you would have 20 drivers on there, its not normal. I just reacting to what Driver Booster found. Its good at finding the wrong drivers, I have lost sound using it before. Shame you reset before coming here as though DB is bad, it creates a system restore point before installing any drivers so we could have rolled back to before it installed any.

Too late now as reset wiped that.
Well first (I'm not trying to sound obnoxious ) I tried a system restore on 3 differnt points and 5 times on each and it failed (possibly because of the drivers)
and 2nd driver booster also got rid of my trackpad driver and even after the scan and download it doesnt work. but my laptop speed is better

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, system restore isn't ideal way to fix system but it sometimes helps. I don't bother with it and go to clean install now, its not really helped in the past. It does normally help with db installs though. Maybe I just been lucky and stopped using it before it bit me too hard.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
Yes, system restore isn't ideal way to fix system but it sometimes helps. I don't bother with it and go to clean install now, its not really helped in the past. It does normally help with db installs though. Maybe I just been lucky and stopped using it before it bit me too hard.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.
How do I fix my trackpad problem?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Well, i wouldn't suggest it if it was. All it does is runs commands already built into windows but it displays them in a nicer fashion than if you were to run them in command prompt.

I can't see which driver would be the trackpad just looking at the lenova site so it might give me a clue. Its possible you are running a Microsoft driver in which case i won't see it on the list

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
Well, i wouldn't suggest it if it was. All it does is runs commands already built into windows but it displays them in a nicer fashion than if you were to run them in command prompt.

I can't see which driver would be the trackpad just looking at the lenova site so it might give me a clue. Its possible you are running a Microsoft driver in which case i won't see it on the list
I dont know how to send a screenshot on this website but i can show you on discord. <<Personal info removed>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited: