Roni Pal

Honorable
May 22, 2015
Motherboard: Gigabyte b450m gaming, WIndows 10, CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600
Sometimes when I restart or just turn on my system USB 3.0 becomes USB 2.0
I have 1 external HDD and 1 ssd connected all the time to my system for work purposes. Normally HDD gives around 100 mb/s and ssd around 200-250 mb/s. But sometimes when i turn on or restart the system it only give me 25-30 mb/s (i.e. the usual USB 2.0 speed ). When this happens To get the back my original transfer speed I have to disconnect and reconnect the devices several times and also restart the system several times. Then it fixes itself automatically. Don't know what causes thus abnormal behavior.
Can anyone solve this please?

Do you have the MOST recent BIOS version for your motherboard installed? If not, it would be HIGHLY advisable to update.

Do you have the MOST recent AMD chipset driver installed? This one:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

If not, then install it, and if you are not sure, then install it, but also be sure to check to see if your BIOS is on the latest version or not.

Also, is your Windows installation from a previously existing system or did you do a completely fresh, CLEAN install, when you built this system or added this motherboard and CPU?

Roni Pal

Honorable
May 22, 2015
Do you have the MOST recent BIOS version for your motherboard installed? If not, it would be HIGHLY advisable to update.

Do you have the MOST recent AMD chipset driver installed? This one:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

If not, then install it, and if you are not sure, then install it, but also be sure to check to see if your BIOS is on the latest version or not.

Also, is your Windows installation from a previously existing system or did you do a completely fresh, CLEAN install, when you built this system or added this motherboard and CPU?
Its new system so the os is fresh. And yes bios and amd chipset are latest