Question USB connect/disconnect sounds after visiting website ?

Mar 31, 2024
Hello! I recently visited the "y2mate.mobi" website (Russian version) and after clicking on red button "Download" (or something like that) I got a "USB connection" sound. Also in some time I could hear a disconnection sound. It happens rarely, but it happens. I have only USB from my mouse. Can it be virused? I noticed also that my laptop had started freeze and from my browser history have deleted all data that I had visited this site. What is it and how can it be solved?

My antivirus software say that it is all okay with my laptop. I scanned it with Windows Defender (Autonomous module), malwarebytes and kaspersky. By the way, I don't have any recovery points.

Also USBDeview doesn't show any suspicious connections.

Thank you in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History/Monitor.

There may be some error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured just before or at the time of the disconnect sounds.

You can click any given entry for more details. Watch for references to USB, Mouse, freezes, etc..

For the future:

1) Avoid any websites where strange things start happening. Immediately leave any website where strange things start happening.

2) No restore points - you can fix that: Create restore points and be sure to also back up all important data to locations away from the laptop. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran