Question "USB Over Current Error" with ASUS TUF GAMING B360M-PLUS ?

mjdreyes12

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Good day.

I have been experiencing this error whenever I restart my PC. It will shutoff but then you can turn it on afterwards and it will boot into BIOS Settings. I am wondering what is wrong with my MOBO or something in my computer.

Here are the list of USB Devices connected to my PC.

1x KB (Razer Huntsman TE)
1x Gaming Mouse (Razer Adder Elite)
1x Streaming Mic (HyperX Quadcast)
1x Webcam (Logitech C920 Pro)
1x Gaming Headphones (Steelseries Arctis 3)

If I need to plug and use a flash drive I need to unplug the one I am not using since I dont have any available usb slot. I even used the usb slots on front of the case.

I don't know what causing it. :(

Can someone help and suggest something? Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? Have you tried working with merely the keyboard and mouse to see if the issue persists? Perhaps see if generic USB driven keyboard and mouse reproduces the issue and if your peripherals cause the same sort of scenario on a donor, known working, motherboard/system.

If I need to plug and use a flash drive I need to unplug the one I am not using since I dont have any available usb slot. I even used the usb slots on front of the case.
Make and model of your case? You could take advantage of the motherboard's internal headers and invest in a USB expansion bracket like this;
5c438dc0d72f679a0c7dcd73aab8d67b.jpg

or this;
fdd1b6267d2106e01019eb20ea85aa0a.jpg

mjdreyes12

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Thank you for your response sir and Happy New year.

I'll get back to you on my current BIOS version. I have tried before to put only kb & mouse and I did not experience the issue.

Is it possible that it is also a motherboard problem the 2 usb ports at the back of my case was not properly working, it keeps on disconn. and reconnecting the device.

I appreciate your reply and the usb expansion suggestion.

Have a nice day.