Question USB "please insert a disk" error

ToxicThing

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
My USB gives me an error "please insert a disk into USB drive".

I can't format it, I tried to allocate storage to it or change letter but it shows no storage available.

It is a 64gb KINGSTONE USB.

Any solutions? Other forums give same solutions that I all tried.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Other forums give same solutions that I all tried.
What have you tried?

Make and model of your motherboard? Are you using any hubs in between the system and the USB drive? What OS are you working with? Perhaps try and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. The other thing you could try doing is opening up CMD, DiskPart and formatting the drive, if it's showing up there, provided you're on Microsoft's Windows OS.

Does the USB drive behave the same on donor system's?

ToxicThing

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
Other forums give same solutions that I all tried.
What have you tried?

Make and model of your motherboard? Are you using any hubs in between the system and the USB drive? What OS are you working with? Perhaps try and reinstall your chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. The other thing you could try doing is opening up CMD, DiskPart and formatting the drive, if it's showing up there, provided you're on Microsoft's Windows OS.

Does the USB drive behave the same on donor system's?
I am using HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. I tried with the cmd diskpart but it gives me the error that there is no space on usb available so it can't do anything. I tried on the second PC and it behaves the same. It looks like the usb has no storage on it...

ToxicThing

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
the last time you use it did you remove it safely with system permission and if it was use on another system try it in this one to see if it work let hope it is not a u3 model because they lock with a password .
I don't really know where I used it last time, but it was a regular pc I am sure. I always remove it safely when ejecting.