Question USB speakers stop working

Dec 4, 2019
Hi everyone, I've been having a bit of trouble with USB speakers lately and was hoping maybe someone here could help out. Bit of a long story, sorry.

So my USB speakers made one popping sound and then just stopped working completely, checked everything and the computer was saying that the speakers were working fine, on sound mixer it showed audio was playing from all sources but no sound coming from the speakers themselves. So I thought maybe the speakers had simply just blown as they were a super cheap, low quality set. I bought myself a new sound bar to replace them and it was working fine for a few days but then the same thing has just happened again and no sound. I switched USB port and the sound come back again for 5 minutes then it popped again and no sound. Now the sound bar won't play sound from any USB port. The computer knows the speaker is plugged and the bar lights up to show there's power going to it.

Any suggestions would be great.

Could be the motherboard USB ports are causing the issue. But I would avoid any speakers on USB, none of them are any good. Get a $20 set of normal speakers, Logitech Z130, or if you actually want some good sounding audio you would be looking at a bit more in the $40 range for Z313 which would give you a fuller sound with 2.1 setup.

Dec 4, 2019
Could be the motherboard USB ports are causing the issue. But I would avoid any speakers on USB, none of them are any good. Get a $20 set of normal speakers, Logitech Z130, or if you actually want some good sounding audio you would be looking at a bit more in the $40 range for Z313 which would give you a fuller sound with 2.1 setup.

I was thinking it may be my motherboard as every single USB port on the computer has just recently stopped working. I'll buy a brand new one and hopefully that solves the problem for good. Thanks for the response