[SOLVED] USB to Ethernet Adaptors?

zbs60

Reputable
Apr 2, 2019
HI All
I just came back from Microcenter after purchasing a usb 3.0 to ethernet adaptor. I should have done research before my purchase. I find out now that there is usb to ethernet adaptor and usb c to ethernet adaptors. Is there a difference in speed? I purchase a tp-link usb 3.0 to ethernet adapter. Now i find out they also have usb 3.1. Is the usb 3.1 to ethernet adaptor that much faster? How bout the advantages of usb type c to ether adaptor? Is that the fastest?

Solution
USB3 is 5Gbps, most modern consumer networking equipment is 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps for the fancier new stuff. There will be little to no difference between 3.0, 3.1-gen1, 3.1-gen2, 3.2-whatever and 4.0. Type-A vs Type-C makes no difference either, just a different physical connector with a bunch of alt-mode bloat and support for speeds up to 40Gbps on TB3.

InvalidError

Titan
USB3 is 5Gbps, most modern consumer networking equipment is 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps for the fancier new stuff. There will be little to no difference between 3.0, 3.1-gen1, 3.1-gen2, 3.2-whatever and 4.0. Type-A vs Type-C makes no difference either, just a different physical connector with a bunch of alt-mode bloat and support for speeds up to 40Gbps on TB3.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS