Question Use igpu only on Asus Tuf Gaming A15

Jun 24, 2024
Hi guys, I just bought an Asus Tug Gaming A15 (FA507NU), Ryzen 7 7735HS, GeForce RTX™ 4050.
Since I often use it for office stuff, I would be interested in excluding the dGPU in these cases and using only the iGPU.
The main goal is to make the PC as silent as possible, so I'm trying to use it by setting in Armoury Crate silent mode + GPU Mode to Eco mode.
The thing that surprises me is that the EcoMode mode should completely exclude the dGPU, but despite this when I use the PC in this mode the GPU fan still turns (around 2000 Rpm).
Is this normal? I'm completely inexperienced in the matter because I've never had a PC with a dGPU before.

I also have another question.
I also tried to exclude the dGPU using an external monitor connected to the HDMI output, but Armoury Crate does not let me do it, so I guess that the HDMI output can only be used using the dGPU.
Instead, I read among the PC specifications that there is a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with support for DisplayPort.
Do you think that through this port I can use an external monitor excluding the dGPU? In that case, any adapter from USB Type C to DispayPort is enought, or i need something more specific?
Thanks