Used wrong mains adapter on laptop

djazu1984

Reputable
Jan 5, 2018
Hello i would need a little help. I used accidently a wrong [strike]ac[/strike] mains adapter for my laptop, original was 19.5volt and i plugged one with 48volt. Did the mb fried or is there some ac input what could i change?

Why don't you trust any local tech places?

Honestly, your easiest way to determine if the board is bad might be to simply replace it. You can usually connect things and boot a replacement board outside of the shell; this can save you the time and hassle of setting it all back up inside the chassis if it turns out the replacement doesn't work, either.

djazu1984

Reputable
Jan 5, 2018
Why i dont trust .. they charge so much and you never know what they made...i would use than the original msi service instead , but i try to buy the board as you saied first, mb its the cheapest solution

As a starting point you need to get a repair estimate from a repair tech, short of actually getting it fixed, as if it's seriously damaged it might make more sense financially to write it off & replace it. At least with an estimate you'll know where you stand. Giving it nearly 30 volts more than it's designed to withstand is bound to have done some serious damage I would have thought.