[SOLVED] Using Asus Maximus VI Hero. My fans are running at 100% and I can't workout how to stop it.

Aug 24, 2020
It feels like I've tried everything from adjusting bios settings under fan control to silent profile and that didn't change anything. I then downloaded speedfan and have followed youtube tutorials with no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I had to buy a Molex to Sata adaptor to get it into power supply so not sure if that is affecting anything although I think that is only for RGB.

Solution
They are plugged into both. The fans are plugged into 4 pin on motherboard. and the rgb for the fans are plugged into power supply.

Ok if the fans are connected to the board connectors you need to run fan calibration in the ASUS FanXpert software that came with it. Calibration is also available in the BIOS. Best to do it in the BIOS and then run it again in the software because in there you can change where it reads temp from.
Aug 24, 2020
Hold on your fans are plugged into the motherboard or into MOLEX connectors to the PSU?

Unless your fans are plugged into the 3 pin and 4 pin motherboard headers of which there are plenty on that board, you have 0 control over fan speed.
They are plugged into both. The fans are plugged into 4 pin on motherboard. and the rgb for the fans are plugged into power supply.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Ok if the fans are connected to the board connectors you need to run fan calibration in the ASUS FanXpert software that came with it. Calibration is also available in the BIOS. Best to do it in the BIOS and then run it again in the software because in there you can change where it reads temp from.

Solution