Question Using laptop as a second screen

IT_Noob

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
I want to use my old laptop as second monitor for my PC. Yes, the PC does have a wi-fi+bluetooth card (intel 9260), which supports miracast. I'm not sure for the laptop adapter number, its a broadcom one, and also supports miracast. For some reason I don't get the "Project to this PC" option on either one. The PC is on LTSC 1809 and the laptop is on LTSB 1607 if that matters, also drivers are up-to-date.
projecting-to-this-pc.png

I don't have the settings above on either device.
Neither this option:

I've tried both "netsh wlan show drivers" and dxdiag to make sure the devices support miracast and I do get "Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)" on both of them.

Is the problem in LTSB/C?

I tried to find if these versions support projecting, but didn't find info. However considering I do have "Connect" and "Project" in the action center or whatever its called, they should be supported I guess.

Lutfij

Titan
See what happens if your laptop is on 1809 as well. I would suggest that you backup your data prior to the new version migration in case something goes awry. You should also investigate the make and model of your wireless adapter on your laptop. You might want to share the make and model of your laptop as well as the SKU for the unit. For now, PC specs can remain unmentioned.