Question VA vs TN for competitive gaming

Jun 27, 2019
Hello , i wanted to know if there is noticable difference between VA and TN panels in games , csgo to be exact
when i say difference i mean blurring , dimming or slower response time / input lag and if its noticable ingame
two monitors i had in mind were AOC C24G1 and Viewsonic XG2402
AOC one is 70$ cheaper so that counts aswell
Thank you in advance

Hello , i wanted to know if there is noticable difference between VA and TN panels in games , csgo to be exact
when i say difference i mean blurring , dimming or slower response time / input lag and if its noticable ingame
two monitors i had in mind were AOC C24G1 and Viewsonic XG2402
AOC one is 70$ cheaper so that counts aswell
Thank you in advance
Well TN is cheaper and has better response times. VA looks better in terms of colour etc.

Jun 27, 2019
Well TN is cheaper and has better response times. VA looks better in terms of colour etc.
I can name more TN 144hz 1ms monitors and the prices would vary there are indeed some cheap TN monitors , in my case TN costs 70$ more , and for the other part i know about those facts and i would like to know if someone tried these two panels and could tell the difference ingame , no matter if these two monitors , VA and TN in general , is the extra money worth the difference or is there hardly any

I can name more TN 144hz 1ms monitors and the prices would vary there are indeed some cheap TN monitors , in my case TN costs 70$ more , and for the other part i know about those facts and i would like to know if someone tried these two panels and could tell the difference ingame , no matter if these two monitors , VA and TN in general , is the extra money worth the difference or is there hardly any
Is it Gsync?
Brand also matters. Cheaper manufactures will use cheaper panels.

Jun 27, 2019
Is it Gsync?
Brand also matters. Cheaper manufactures will use cheaper panels.
Viewsonic XG2402 and AOC C24G1 both Freesync , for Viewsonic one reviews say one of the fastest and quality displays today , and for AOC one VA 144hz 1ms panel for tight budget and above average performance , i dont really care for freesync and gsync for i play esports games and dont have problems with fps even in more demanding games , just wanted to know if TN panel really changes/affects gameplay , by being faster screen on paper

Viewsonic XG2402 and AOC C24G1 both Freesync , for Viewsonic one reviews say one of the fastest and quality displays today , and for AOC one VA 144hz 1ms panel for tight budget and above average performance , i dont really care for freesync and gsync for i play esports games and dont have problems with fps even in more demanding games , just wanted to know if TN panel really changes/affects gameplay , by being faster screen on paper
Well if you want the 1ms response on VA you get artifacting behind fast moving objects that isn’t as bad with TN.
Also you kinda should are about freesync cos it’ll stop tearing

Jun 27, 2019
Well if you want the 1ms response on VA you get artifacting behind fast moving objects that isn’t as bad with TN.
Also you kinda should are about freesync cos it’ll stop tearing
i doubt tearing will appear in csgo and similar games , but on the other hand every monitor i was interested in had freesync so...
as for artifacting could you explain what it is , flickering , strobing ?

i doubt tearing will appear in csgo and similar games , but on the other hand every monitor i was interested in had freesync so...
as for artifacting could you explain what it is , flickering , strobing ?
Trails a couple of pixels long behind fast moving objects where the pixels overcompensate the colour changes.

without freesync tearing will occur. The game doesn’t matter

Jun 27, 2019
Trails a couple of pixels long behind fast moving objects where the pixels overcompensate the colour changes.

without freesync tearing will occur. The game doesn’t matter
thank you for clarification , so what do you think i should go for , i usually play csgo and wanted to get some fast screen , fps not a problem btw , viewsonic XG2402 seems solid option but if you have something less costly in mind with similar performance i would like to hear your opinion

Jun 27, 2019
These two you mentioned are too expensive in my country , and to order it from amazon or similar sites would increase price even more , here is what i can buy with my budget : Viewsonic XG2401/02 , AOC C24G1 , BENQ XL2411P , ASUS VG248 , Acer XF240 / XB240H, Acer KG251QF , Acer KG271C, AOC G2590PX , OMEN gaming monitor , Acer KG251QD [240Hz] and some others that are in their price range but these are most common