Valve May Release... A Submarine Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
My first submarine game was Sub Hunt for Intellivision. After that was 688i. Now I'm on to Silent Hunter. I've played SH3 and now I'm on 4. My main gripe is having to micro manage my crew.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Is Valve working on HL Episode 3? WTF?!?[/citation]
Who said that it is different from submarine game?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Thumbs up to you Sir Supertrek32.

I'd personally like to see Prospero be made I think it would be great to have a sci-fi game other than the Half-life series from Valve. Though I would much rather see EP 3 first.

As for the submarine game I would say that certainly isn't on my wish-list from Valve. It wouldn't be so bad I suppose if that wasn't the whole game and part of it included submarine use it would be tolerable but for a modern game it simply would not be appealing.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Now with Duke Nukem Forever coming out with a release date, it seems HL:Episode 3 is the new "gonna come out eventually" game. maybe it won't take 12 years or so this time?

[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Is Valve working on HL Episode 3? WTF?!?[/citation]

They have a team dedicated to EP3 and are working on it. My guess is they want it to be the perfect close to the HL2 series. And I understand. HL2 raised expectations, just like HL2, to a all time high and because of it we have even better FPS games these days. And the Episodes thus far have been amazing in story and gameplay.

HL2: EP3 will probably be just mind blowing and worth the wait.

As for the Submarine game, if VALVe releases it, I will buy it. They deserve my money. They have given me some of the best gaming ever in my life.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]Hope the game doesn't...*puts on sunglasses*Sink.YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH![/citation]

Umm... Submarines are meant to submerge. Looks like your joke.... *puts sungalsses on* just got blown out of the water.

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
I remember playing Red Storm Rising on an original IBM PC, in glorious 4 colors (one of those colors was black). Nothing beats the satisfaction of stalking a carrier and then pounding it with torpedoes. Hope they make a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.