Valve Owns Up To Modern Warfare 2 Error

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]eeide[/nom]Last time I checked the Games for Windows tag on game was just that they jumped through the right hoops at Microsoft to get that logo. Steam still runs on Windows right? So isn't that still a game for windows? Unless it is coming out for Mac or Linux and you were referring to that?[/citation]

No I think he was referring to the actual "Games For Windows - LIVE" application. It's microsoft's online game distribution software, but no where near as good as Steam.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]hey when you wanna keep clients you make them happy especially if you have to sit trough non stop updating everythime you wanna play the game...[/citation]

Wait, you're complaining that a company continuously refines its product for you, post-purchase... and for free? Seriously?

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]No I think he was referring to the actual "Games For Windows - LIVE" application. It's microsoft's online game distribution software, but no where near as good as Steam.[/citation]

I think you're being too nice to GFW - Live. Steam runs like a modern BMW, and Games for Windows Live is like a high school student's Kinex science project. It's pretty much the Norton Anti-Virus of digital distribution; bloated, slow, resource hogging, and utterly ineffective.

roleki

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Not a bad form of apology; what'd they say, 12,000 people had this problem? If all 12000 take them up on their offer, Valve would be out about 700K off of this. Expensive error!

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]I would hope they got refunds on the purchase. The article said nothing about that scenario. If they didn't get a refund, then yeah that would screwed up.[/citation]
Usually, if you have 2 copies of the game on steam, one becomes a gift game. This happens if you add a cd-key to an already owned steam game.

Conner Macleod

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Well haljordan honestly that would sord of suck, but at the same time if you're that hard up you probably need to take a step back and access some things. If this would've happened to me, ya I would've diffently have been pissed, and would've let them known. But what steam has done in this case imo goes above and beyond. As a lot would've just reversed the ban and said there you go. They did that, and gave a free game. And not some p.o.s game that would've only cost you 5$ but an actual good game that a lot of people really enjoy.[/citation]

No offense but I couldn't help but notice these glaring errors in your post, and I'm merely posting this to be helpful, not a troll:

"that would sord". You Mean "sort".
"and access some things". You mean "assess".
"ya I would've diffently". You mean "definitely".
"As a lot would've just". You mean "as many" instead of "as a lot"
"5$". You mean "$5".

On topic, I think that's awesome Valve did this and it proves that they are a loyal company to PC gamers and that we need to support them since they're basically the last of their kind, almost no companies these days support, care about or listen to PC gamers. Long live Valve!

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I feel zero remorse for the people that are cheating the system using MW2. they know they are cheating in return they deserve nothing but the loss of their account. Don't be fooled MW2 cheaters are EVERYWHERE. Especially on XBL where they never paid for teh game (which is how they were able to cheat)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Bravo STEAM... This is what some people call "GOOD BUSINESS"...

Compared to Apple's Stupid attitude:
"Sure, because your too stupid to hold our phone CORRECTLY, we'll give you our $30 rubber cover that you have to take off to charge. So shuttaup. Live with it"

I need to re-activate my old STEAM account (Steam is being wonky about it - been 4 years since I re-installed it)... I don't buy many games because of the DRM (limited installs, call home root kits).

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]the bans were lifted , and we got free L4D2 ,Valve dealt with the situation nicely.[/citation]
in the end you still lost $40 for THEIR MISTAKE

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Wow, Valve is a class act through and through. You know what, they need some money. I am going to go by L4D1 since I don't have it now, just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS