Valve Working on Secret TF2 Project; Fans Want HL3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Kinda funny i only got (won) HL a few years ago (2008ish) and I decided I would play them until the next one in the series came out. This way the price could drop while i beat the prior games. Guess at this rate I will never play them. that sucks. I HATE unfinished stories.

Crob

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
TF2 was a terrible installment to the franchise and has bent off from the original track of free content through modding over 4 years ago. It should have branched off separately from the HL dev team. Counter strike is just a joke. I wont defend such an awful game. That was reasonable back in CS beta days and accepted but not great when it went to version 1. To still be focusing your development teams around that tells me you are milking your fans and dangling them along instead of creating what you are good at. Sadly, a new hl3 may not be up to par anymore. I wonder if they wait on development until there is a game engine lull in the market, then go for it. Either way, as a 25 year gamer and original Atari kid, my patience with game developers is extremely thin. I refuse to purchase ubisoft, ea games, capcom, bethesda and a few others on the ground of mistreatment to the fans who they owe everything to, some of the worst pricing schemes to steal from customers, disgusting DLC content practices, patching to make the game function after release... the list goes on. Seems valves wants to be part of the club lately. They are finding more and more ways to tie their dev team up and produce little to nothing of any value to a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.