VB6RunTime.exe

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Remember in early March I had installed *VB6RunTime.exe*
on my P133 thinking of using it for the moving map?

I just now started trying to get it to work. Several people here gave
some good advice but nothing has helped.

I can go into Setup but it didn't help. I tried getting to the screen
where I could load in safe mode but it doesn't get that far before I get
the "Invalid System Disk"
"Replace the disk, and then press any key"

I put the original Win 98 Setup disk in the CD but it doesn't let the
computer boot.

Any ideas from the thinkers of how to get by this screen and load?

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:

> Remember in early March I had installed *VB6RunTime.exe*
> on my P133 thinking of using it for the moving map?
>
> I just now started trying to get it to work. Several people here gave
> some good advice but nothing has helped.
>
> I can go into Setup but it didn't help. I tried getting to the screen
> where I could load in safe mode but it doesn't get that far before I get
> the "Invalid System Disk"
> "Replace the disk, and then press any key"
>
> I put the original Win 98 Setup disk in the CD but it doesn't let the
> computer boot.
>
> Any ideas from the thinkers of how to get by this screen and load?

Dumb me. Sorry.

Installed VB6RunTime.exe

on my P133 computer

When booting I now get the message

"Invalid System Disk"
"Replace the disk, and then press any key"

I can get into Setup but it doesn't help

I put the Win 98 CD in the CD drive but I still get the above message.

If I remember anything else I'll post it.

Thanks
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Hi boB! That "Invalid System Disk" "Replace the disk, and then press any
key" means that the BIOS (Setup) can't find the hard drive. Try going
into setup and try to see if you can get it to find it again.

If that doesn't work, check the cables to the hard drive. Maybe they
came loose.

Still the same? Then it sounds like bad news to me. Something failed;
power supply, hard drive, controller, or something.

Cheers!

Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message

Make sure you don't have a floppy in the floppy drive or blank CD in the CD drive.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:45:02 GMT

Make sure you don't have a floppy in the floppy drive or blank CD
in the CD drive.

Carl makes a good point boB! As if you have a non-bootable CD or floppy
in a drive. You will most likely see the same error message. Depending
on the order of things to boot from anyway.

BillW50 wrote:

> "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:45:02 GMT
>
> Make sure you don't have a floppy in the floppy drive or blank CD
> in the CD drive.
>
> Carl makes a good point boB! As if you have a non-bootable CD or floppy
> in a drive. You will most likely see the same error message. Depending
> on the order of things to boot from anyway.
>

> Cheers!

Thanks Bill and Carl. I did check for floppys and cds left in the
computer and none were.

I will go into setup again and check what Bill wrote in an earlier
message. I'm just very slow right now.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:

> BillW50 wrote:
>
>> "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:45:02 GMT
>>
>> Make sure you don't have a floppy in the floppy drive or blank CD
>> in the CD drive.
>>
>> Carl makes a good point boB! As if you have a non-bootable CD or floppy
>> in a drive. You will most likely see the same error message. Depending
>> on the order of things to boot from anyway.
>>

>> Cheers!
>

> Thanks Bill and Carl. I did check for floppys and cds left in the
> computer and none were.
>
> I will go into setup again and check what Bill wrote in an earlier
> message. I'm just very slow right now.

Bill, The setup shows both Hard Drives. And using a DOS boot disk I can
get to the command prompt. However looking at the directory structure of
C Drive, I don't find much in the Windows directory. All I did was run
that recommended program for the moving map. Da*n

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"boB" <
> All I did was run
> that recommended program for the moving map. Da*n

Oh, that makes me wanna run right out and install it on my hard disk... ;-)

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:

> "boB" <
>
>>All I did was run
>>that recommended program for the moving map. Da*n
>

> Oh, that makes me wanna run right out and install it on my hard disk... ;-)
>
> Dallas

oh goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody

Let me know what happens.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)