Venice looks good!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Good your not complaining and I am not careing seems we have found common ground on this again stupid whatever we were doing.

-Jeremy Dach

Andrzej_Pl

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2005
very n00bish question...what is SSE3....what impact it has on performance...and shall I wait like few weeks and got me this venice, apart the winchester core (PC is for games and watching movies)

Andrzej

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Well lets get this straight, its technically not going to be SSE3 on the A64 since 2 of those new instructions are for Hyprer Threading but meh what do I care AMD has the PR system.

Otherwise its a media excelleration extention(s), as per performance might give you a bit of a speed up on newer media creation software. Otherwise this is just another revision, nothing to get overly excited about.

-Jeremy Dach

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
For games, SSE3 is not likely going to change anything significant, for certain media encoding apps, there might be a worthwhile speedup. If you're only into games, and watching movies (really doesn't require anything highend), I would safely ignore SSE3.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =