Question Very low CPU usage in CSGO

Feb 22, 2022
Hello, i've been strugling to get good fps on csgo lately. Nvidia's performance monitor tells me that my cpu (ryzen 5 3600x) is running at about ONLY 2% of its capacity and the gpu (rtx 2060 super) is at 100%. I know that ancient is a map with lower than average fps, but i'm getting something like 40~50 fps, that's ridiculous and just unplayable. Other maps got much lower than usual fps as well, like dust and nuke. With this hardware i was able to play every map with SO MUCH HIGHER fps than what im getting now, it seems like my cpu is sleeping and i dont know what to do. I can still play god of war on ultra with better fps than i'm getting in csgo, thats just nonsense. I was using windows 11 when the problem started, but already formatted, installed windows 10 back again and it continues. Any help is welcome, please!
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: RTX 2060 super
RAM: 2x8gb 3600mhz

Reactions: jnjnilson6
Feb 22, 2022
Are you using MSI Afterburner or something like that ?
I installed MSI Afterburner right after i posted this to have more information than nvidia panel could give me. My cpu has 6 cores and 12 threads (if i remember it right), seems like most of them get extremely low % usage but with a high/correct clock when a map is loaded in csgo. In the main menu i get high fps (600~700+) and more cpu usage than inside maps. Tried to play god of war yesterday as well, getting higher cpu usage and consistent above 60 fps with every setting on ultra. On csgo maps i'm getting from 40~100 fps depending on what map is running, which is a quarter or even a tenth than what i used to get. Any ideas? I'll try to record some videos with afterburner onscreen later in csgo and god of war for comparison if needed (should i post in youtube? is it the easiest way?). Thank you in advance!

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Is the Vsync enabled in CS:GO ? Do you have the latest nVidia driver ?
I'm at work at the moment, but when i get home, I'll check my fps in cs:go, because I have 2060 (not the super) and see my settings and usage.