Question Very low Utilization & Performance on CyberPunk 2077?

May 31, 2024
Hello everyone just came here for a bit of help. recently I've gotten around to doing another playthrough of Cybp2077 but it's insanely stutter-ey and inconsistent way more than I remember it being. In crowded areas like the city, I get around 60 fps. Keep in mind I play on 1440P Mix of medium-high settings with very little raytracing (Only like 1 RT option on)
The real reason I came here is to ask if anyone knows why my usage & performance are stupid low.

For example, on an intensive game like RUST, I get 90-80% usage of both CPU & GPU and at least 29GB of RAM usage on Ultra settings. Usually, decent temps GPU sitting around the high 70Cs and CPU around mid 70Cs. power usage is always 300w+ on the GPU and 120w+ on the CPU.

Now switching to CyberPunk2077 it's all flipped and it feels like I'm playing on a last-gen console. No matter where I am on the map my CPU usage stays below 40% and GPU usage follows behind with 45-50% as well as way lower wattages than any other visually intensive game I've ever played. 180-210Watts for the GPU and 115W avg for the CPU. Temps for both never go above 65C. If I switch settings to ultra I get no change and less FPS. If I switch to low settings I get worse FPS and still no change in usage. I have no idea how to fix this as ive never ran into a problem like this before. any speculation on why or how this would go about happening? it's still.. Kinda playable, A bit disgusting since I'm stuck around 60-70FPS the whole time.

I've listed my full specs below and they are the following,
Lian Lii Lancool II mesh - 5x Corsair SP120 elite fans
R9 5900x - Cooled by brand new Corsair H150i Capellix XT (360mm AiO)
MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X 10G LHR
2x SN_850x 1TB , 1x SN_750 500GB - All cooled in aftermarket heatsinks.
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 32GB (3600mhz 4x8)
Asus TUF X570 Pro
Corsair RM 850x Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: