[SOLVED] VGA LED after successful post trying to install Windows

May 7, 2020
I recently built my PC and tried to post for the first time today. It went successfully and i managed to get into the bios. I booted from a USB that had Windows on and it seemed to be going well. I selected the M.2 to install windows on and went through the wizard. It required a restart so i did. Then once booted, i had to go through the same wizard again, so i did. This time in the drives it showed another drive that i presume were the windows files that had just been installed. I selected my M.2 again. Once it had complete, when it tried to boot, it went black screen and hasn't posted since. The VGA LED on the motherboard is now on.

Things to note:
I've tried with and without my gpu, neither work.
I have tried to reset BIOS
I took out the M.2 drive to see if it would try to boot off of the hardrive but no difference
In the bios in the boot priority list, my M.2 wasn't listed. However it was shown to be connected and was clearly working because windows could see it. The current priorities are USB then HDD.
I left everything default in the bios so CSM is on, not UEFI. I tried UEFI before this whole thing, but that didnt work and required me to reset the bios which leads to this ordeal.

My specs are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4b4y7T

Thanks for any help given

Solution
i suggest installing Windows 10 to the M.2 drive.
The M.2 drive is the only storage drive connected.
Set BIOS to UEFI Only.
Install Windows 10 with a USB drive configured as in the link by rebooting.
You do not need to be searching for the drive in the BIOS.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

Basically, you download the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. I used Rufus as the program of choice in above link. Check box to update the program. Pictures from the link will show what to enter. The USB Flash Drive is in the top selection. Second, fiddle with the button to direct it to the Windows 10 ISO you downloaded. Picture in the link will show what to enter in other boxes. Press...
Set BIOS to UEFI Only.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

Basically, you download the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. I used Rufus as the program of choice in above link. Check box to update the program. Pictures from the link will show what to enter. The USB Flash Drive is in the top selection. Second, fiddle with the button to direct it to the Windows 10 ISO you downloaded. Picture in the link will show what to enter in other boxes. Press Start and the program will incorporated the ISO into the flash drive making your installation media. Then you can insert the flash drive and reboot. When the installer strart you have an opportunity to delete all existing partitions on your M.2 Drive.

Solution
May 7, 2020
Set BIOS to UEFI Only.

Basically, you download the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. I used Rufus as the program of choice in above link. Check box to update the program. Pictures from the link will show what to enter. The USB Flash Drive is in the top selection. Second, fiddle with the button to direct it to the Windows 10 ISO you downloaded. Picture in the link will show what to enter in other boxes. Press Start and the program will incorporated the ISO into the flash drive making your installation media. Then you can insert the flash drive and reboot. When the installer strart you have an opportunity to delete all existing partitions on your M.2 Drive.

Managed to get it working, thanks alot. Not even sure what I did but i think it was setting it to UEFI only that fixed everything.