Question Vga led on and no boot, but rma said nothing is wrong

KevinNYC

Reputable
Dec 19, 2016
Hi everyone I have a problem with my gpu.

In July I bought myself a Ryzen 5 3600 and an MSI B450 Tomahawk to upgrade my PC. My original PC consisted of:
• Intel i5 7600k
• Asus Prime Z270-A
• Asus RX580 Strix 8GB
• EVGA Supernova 650 G3
I sold the i5 and the Z270 and replaced them with the Ryzen 3600 and B450. When I reinstalled everything my PC didn't boot and the VGA led was on, so I tried a using an MSI gtx1070 gaming x and it booted up fine. I thought that the RX580 was broken and RMAd it. I got it back from Asus and they said that nothing was wrong with it and they could boot fine. They updated the firmware/bios and sent it back. Tried it in my PC but it still didn't work. Someone said that I should try to delete old drivers using DDU then install the RX580 again. I did that and it managed to boot once, after that the same thing happened. Tried deleting drivers again, but can't get it to boot anymore. I tried it in another PC. Specs:
• Ryzen 3600
• MSI B450 Gaming Plus
• Corsair TX650

And the same thing happened: the VGA led remained on and it didn't boot.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

From Asus support I had similar issues that did not find a problem with my card so they just sent it back. I recorded a video showing the problem in my PC and in a friend's PC and afterwards they sent me a new one! I suggest you do the same.

KevinNYC

Reputable
Dec 19, 2016
From Asus support I had similar issues that did not find a problem with my card so they just sent it back. I recorded a video showing the problem in my PC and in a friend's PC and afterwards they sent me a new one! I suggest you do the same.
They sent you a completely new gpu? Will give that a try. Thanks for responding.

I contacted their phone support and they told me that I need to send them proof of the problem. They sent me an email with instructions on what to do so I just responded to that email with the video and other things that they requested (serial number, date of purchase, etc).

KevinNYC

Reputable
Dec 19, 2016
I contacted their phone support and they told me that I need to send them proof of the problem. They sent me an email with instructions on what to do so I just responded to that email with the video and other things that they requested (serial number, date of purchase, etc).
Called them and explained the situation, they kept insisting that it worked when they tested it and won't do anything. Even when it won't work on two separate PCs and they both work with other GPUs.

TRENDING THREADS