zeemo92

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: radeon rx 580
mobo: asus rog strix B450-F gaming
ram: 2 x g-skill flare x

Issue: So I had my computer for 3 years and then suddenly my monitors would no longer display. Took it in and was told that the mobo (gigabyte GA-AB350-gaming) had broken and that was the only thing wrong with it. Couldn't get the original mobo so I went with a replacement mobo (the one mentioned in the specs). Got everything connected and I am getting the exact same problem that I had with the previous mobo, no video input is being registered. This mobo comes with debugging lights and it shows me a white VGA light error.

What I've tried: I have tried multiple gpu's of the same type, I've tried plugging in both monitors (1 display port and 1 hdmi) separately, I've tried reseatting the ram, I've tried removing my gpu and plugging in both monitors into the onboard gpu, I replaced the psu with a better one. All these attempts to no avail. I'm thinking of bringing it in to have them see if anything else is broken but I thought I'd try here first for anything I may have missed. At my wit's end at the moment. Could I just have been unlucky enough to be shipped a faulty mobo? Or could it be that my cpu is busted?

Solution
I've tried removing my gpu and plugging in both monitors into the onboard gpu
There is no "onboard gpu" with your CPU, those ports are just extensions for CPUs that do have on-chip video, like 5700g and similar.
As for your trouble, I would take any of your GPU and test with your PSU and monitor anywhere else to make sure they work.

zeemo92

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
There is no "onboard gpu" with your CPU, those ports are just extensions for CPUs that do have on-chip video, like 5700g and similar.
As for your trouble, I would take any of your GPU and test with your PSU and monitor anywhere else to make sure they work.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll do that and report back.

zeemo92

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
Did they actually show you that the PC was working with the GPU swapped out?
When I brought it in to get diagnosed the first time, I was told the mobo was faulty. So I replaced it myself and I am getting the same problem. So I was never shown anything and the gpu wasn't mentioned as an issue. As I have 2 of the same gpu, I kinda ruled out the gpu being the issue, but I guess they could both be bad.