[SOLVED] VGA to HDMI Quality Loss?

Justin Hunter

Honorable
Oct 16, 2014
So I have a pretty old monitor with one VGA port and a DVI port. For the DVI port, i have a DVI to HDMI cord connected to my Xbox, and the port I'm currently using for my PC to connect to my video card is a VGA to HDMI cable. I was messing around with the inputs and switched the DVI to HDMI cord from my Xbox to my PC and the colors looked alot brighter and sharper. So what I was thinking is that I could use a VGA to DVI (instead of VGA to HDMI) cable to connect to my video card, would I have a better quality image or will there be no difference at all?

Solution
An RX570 graphics is a DVI-D (digital) port only. It does not have the VGA analog pins. It requires the same conversion as HDMI for VGA connectivity. You won't improve your picture unless you have a better quality converter.

kanewolf

Titan
An RX570 graphics is a DVI-D (digital) port only. It does not have the VGA analog pins. It requires the same conversion as HDMI for VGA connectivity. You won't improve your picture unless you have a better quality converter.

Solution