VGAP software, utils & addons with 64bit cpu

I am wondering if anyone is using or has tried to play vgap on an winXP
system with a 64bit cpu, such as amd64 or amdFX ?
if so, does it all seem to be ok?

As long as it is the normal 32bit XP there shouldn't be problems as those
64bit thing of the amd cpu isn't in use under normal xp 32bit!

But if you install the new 64bit XP you could get a problem as 16bit (Dos,
Windows prior Win95) won'T be supported anymore! VPA won't run i think!

Mydgard

"Stormbull" <host@vgap.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I am wondering if anyone is using or has tried to play vgap on an winXP
> system with a 64bit cpu, such as amd64 or amdFX ?
> if so, does it all seem to be ok?

Donovan

On 17 Apr 2005 19:47:46 -0700, "Stormbull" <host@vgap.net> wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone is using or has tried to play vgap on an winXP
>system with a 64bit cpu, such as amd64 or amdFX ?
>if so, does it all seem to be ok?

64-bit windows will not run Winplan. I've contacted Tim about it, but
he's too busy with V4 to work on a 32-bit (or 64-bit) Winplan. He
suggested JVC, but I haven't gotten that to run yet. Probably because
of java and the 64-bit platform not liking eachother yet, but then
again I'm a total newbie when it comes to java and JVC.

I'm just using a multi-boot setup, using win2000 for Winplan and xp64
for everything else.
--
Donovan
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan