Question Viable option to a 1080ti or 2080?

monty2451

Reputable
Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

I'm saving up for a new gaming build for next year and looking at the requirement specs for Cyberpunk 2077 it recommends a 1080ti at the minimum. With 1080 tis all but gone from the market, are there any viable alternatives to it besides an RTX 2080? A good partner build like the Gigabyte Gaming card runs $650+ and I'm hoping to not have to go that high. I've looked at all the benchmarks and nothing seems to stack up against these two cards. Any suggestions for a current or possibly a rumored future card? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

I'm saving up for a new gaming build for next year and looking at the requirement specs for Cyberpunk 2077 it recommends a 1080ti at the minimum.
Who is recommending a 1080 Ti as the minimum? And for what resolution? The game is still more than nine months away from release, and as far as I know, no official system requirements have been announced for it yet. At the very least, I can say that the game absolutely won't require anything close to a 1080 Ti as "minimum", at least for anything below 4K resolution. If they required that kind of graphics performance, the game would not sell well, since relatively few gaming systems even have a graphics card that powerful. According to Steam's latest hardware survey, fewer than 3% of Steam users currently have a card with at least that level of performance.

And like Renz said, if you are building a system next year, cards will likely be priced differently, and some new cards will likely be available, so there's no telling what would be the best option at that point.

Reactions: Kkkk1

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Who is recommending a 1080 Ti as the minimum? And for what resolution? The game is still more than nine months away from release, and as far as I know, no official system requirements have been announced for it yet. At the very least, I can say that the game absolutely won't require anything close to a 1080 Ti as "minimum", at least for anything below 4K resolution. If they required that kind of graphics performance, the game would not sell well, since relatively few gaming systems even have a graphics card that powerful. According to Steam's latest hardware survey, fewer than 3% of Steam users currently have a card with at least that level of performance.

And like Renz said, if you are building a system next year, cards will likely be priced differently, and some new cards will likely be available, so there's no telling what would be the best option at that point.
Quite right the OP who suggests a minimum of 1080Ti is reading BS somewhere. It would never sell. I think that suggestion is hilarious.
To OP can you send page you read this spec from please?

WildCard999

Titan
Those recommendations are coming from systemrequirementlabs but I do agree they don't make sense.
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/cyberpunk-2077/13169

I heard those were from when the game was announced at E3 that the system that was running the demo was using those specs so until the devs release a better idea of what it takes to run the game most sites have been using those system specs as the requirements.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
It might be that they do the old trick at E3 and beef the game up to get the hype into overdrive and when the game finally makes it to market the graphics have been lowered as in some previous games.