Shady_7

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
2UF7jjA_d.webp

A friend of mine has this problem. Whenever playing videos from this certain site on windows laptop it says playback error. The same on all browsers even the iqiyi player software.

bW4BLwe_d.webp

(same message but in chinese)
YouTube and other websites with embedded videos work well.

The website works well on my friend's other devices (android phones and tablet) and works fine on my 2 laptops.

Also the website worked fine on the same laptop with windows 7 the problem appeared after installing windows 10.

The laptop with the problem is HP 15 notebook pc i3 4005u with Windows 10 pro.

Tried updating windows, installing C++ redistributable versions (the ones installed on the laptop on which the videos work) and updating and reinstalling the graphics driver but nothing worked.

ِAny help will be appreciated.

Solution
The updates were delayed for some reason (the windows version installed had 2018 update so it had to be updated a lot) but after some update yesterday it worked.
Thanks for your help.

Shady_7

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Have you signed up for a member account on the site?

Is your friend connecting from the same country you are in?

Also, have you tried watching via a different browser?
Yes, my friend is in the same country and has tried 3 browsers (chrome, firefox and IE). Same problem but for me it works on anything.
As for the sign up neither of us did it and it works fine for me without signing up.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, my friend is in the same country and has tried 3 browsers (chrome, firefox and IE). Same problem but for me it works on anything.
As for the sign up neither of us did it and it works fine for me without signing up.
Is this an issue on a single system, or multiple devices at the same address?

Sounds like a single PC. Just want to confirm. Has this system been scanned for malware?

Shady_7

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Is this an issue on a single system, or multiple devices at the same address?

Sounds like a single PC. Just want to confirm. Has this system been scanned for malware?
Yes, single laptop, other devices work fine for my friend on the same address.
No, the system has windows defender and it showed nothing, didn't do a scan though.

Shady_7

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Try scanning the system with Malwarebytes. What version of Windows (actual version number like 2004) is he using?
Will try scanning.
Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363
The problem is that whenever clicking on “check for updates”, it gives minor updates (like security) then says the system is up to date so we can’t update windows furthermore.

Last edited:

Shady_7

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
The updates were delayed for some reason (the windows version installed had 2018 update so it had to be updated a lot) but after some update yesterday it worked.
Thanks for your help.

Solution