VIDEO: Samsung's Android Spotted On a Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
I love my Captivate, and I'm looking for an android tablet for some custom software testing. I really like the look of this one. I might get an additional one for personal use. I can hardly wait for this to come out.

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Don't you people see this tablet invasion cannibalizing smart-phone market?? Honestly I either carry a smart-phone or a tablet, there is just no way one of these phone-OS devices substitute my Laptop, but they can quite easily substitute my phone (if they have 3G radio that is).

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I also love my Captivate, in my case Vibrant (same thing), however, I see this tables as doing the same thing. I even read in another article that it will have the same resolution as the phone. So, it is nice to see the industry trying to capture some niche market, but I still don't see these devices as destined to grab much market share. The phones are just as useful and more portable, give the screen size, they must also have longer battery life.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Haha the guy in the background is like "Are you filming me? Really? I don't care if that's a pre-release iPad competitor. If you don't stop filming me, I WILL HURT YOU."

Xlick

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]winterblade[/nom]Don't you people see this tablet invasion cannibalizing smart-phone market?? Honestly I either carry a smart-phone or a tablet, there is just no way one of these phone-OS devices substitute my Laptop, but they can quite easily substitute my phone (if they have 3G radio that is).[/citation]

i completely agree

what i want to see is more smaller, simpler phones out there that don't have any browser etc, as the number of people carrying small tablets increases, there's going to be a market for people who don't need the smart phone, just something tiny that can call/text, without a camera or mp3 player, or any of that other junk, think about how small phones can be nowadays without the extra stuff

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]kronos_cornelius[/nom]I also love my Captivate, in my case Vibrant (same thing), however, I see this tables as doing the same thing. I even read in another article that it will have the same resolution as the phone. So, it is nice to see the industry trying to capture some niche market, but I still don't see these devices as destined to grab much market share. The phones are just as useful and more portable, give the screen size, they must also have longer battery life.[/citation]

I'm planning on a special packaged software for small retail businesses with these tablets. the server just runs a virtual machine with a web based accounting and payroll system, and then have an android app that interacts with the camera to do inventory and point of sales instead of using a bar code reader. Get a full package together for $35k: server, 2 pc terminals, 4 tablets, and all the software. It should be a very good full solution for small businesses. It's also easy to set up, support, and expand. At least in theory. I'm still working on it.

tablets have a lot of potential uses that aren't readily visible right now. We'll find more uses for them as time goes by.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]I'm planning on a special packaged software for small retail businesses with these tablets. the server just runs a virtual machine with a web based accounting and payroll system, and then have an android app that interacts with the camera to do inventory and point of sales instead of using a bar code reader. Get a full package together for $35k: server, 2 pc terminals, 4 tablets, and all the software. It should be a very good full solution for small businesses. It's also easy to set up, support, and expand. At least in theory. I'm still working on it. tablets have a lot of potential uses that aren't readily visible right now. We'll find more uses for them as time goes by.[/citation]

Why couldnt you do the same thing with an android phone? Then you just have to deploy the phones. Still no need for tablets.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Xlick[/nom]i completely agreewhat i want to see is more smaller, simpler phones out there that don't have any browser etc, as the number of people carrying small tablets increases, there's going to be a market for people who don't need the smart phone, just something tiny that can call/text, without a camera or mp3 player, or any of that other junk, think about how small phones can be nowadays without the extra stuff[/citation]

I have said this for a while... I would love a simplified no frills phone... Very useful....

G

@winterblade

Hmmm...seems eerily familiar to the "phone with a pda" versus a "pda with a phone" discussions of the previous decade. We know how that turned out....I don't think it will be any different going forward. As many people say, you can't do w/o a phone but you can do w/o a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.