Video: The Horrible Future for Windows Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
oh...OH GOD NO!

seriously pc isn't a console and will never cater to the same crowd. think of something better. some awesome desktop kinect integration, minority report style? i wouldn't mind a casual game or two that lets me flail my arms around... while im sitting down of course, i think it would be fun to play whilst inebriated

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Why oh why did Microsoft reinforce the pro-war USA lifestyle by mocking up an overexcited smiling kid inside Battlefield 2.

Bad PR Microsoft, Bad.

fusion_gtx

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]If Games for Windows - Live is going to be integrated in Windows, then GG for Steam.[/citation]

Beware, I think there is a troll about.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Well have you visited the Age of Empires Online site?
AOEonline is a Games for Window Live only game. Quite a departure from the first three AOE titles. Definitely targets at younger, up and coming crowd. The market has saturated serious gamers. Now devlopers are trying to attract everyone else. I like the idea of your personal avatar being the actual in-game character.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
The New Xbox Experience dashboard update for the Xbox 360 was a welcome addition to the system when it was released in 2008. The OP must have been smoking something when he said, "The overall casual appearance dumbed down the console". The old Xbox dashboard was a convoluted, slow, ugly mess of a UI for the system. The new dashboard sped things up considerably, and made getting to the market and settings made much more sense. So what if they made avatars? Every one of my friends loves to customize their avatars with items unlocked from game purchases. The new dashboard is a great addition to a console system.

Now is this good for the PC? I don't think so. Steam does a great job replicating the same functionality with their client, sans avatars. The PC market is a much different environment from the console one. Just give us a fast and intuitive interface, and we'll love it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Microsofts *New* GUI for the 360 is fucking retarded, plain and simple. Seriously, it feels so Wii'ish it's pathetic. Sometimes I wonder if Microsoft knows they have something good or not, and if so why they insist on making it into a piece of crap when it's great.[/citation]

remember the first ui for the 360? i loved that because everything was easy to find, you had to have serious mental problems to not be abler to find things, and every update has gotten progressively worse. you know what its like to have someone 10 years yonger than you have to show you how to start a damn game and where demos are located because you just give up? sense the most recent update i went to ps3 exclusively, because i wont put up with that crap any more.

if this crap ever takes off and "hardcore" is a dead term, ill just put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]animeman59[/nom]The New Xbox Experience dashboard update for the Xbox 360 was a welcome addition to the system when it was released in 2008. The OP must have been smoking something when he said, "The overall casual appearance dumbed down the console". The old Xbox dashboard was a convoluted, slow, ugly mess of a UI for the system. The new dashboard sped things up considerably, and made getting to the market and settings made much more sense. So what if they made avatars? Every one of my friends loves to customize their avatars with items unlocked from game purchases. The new dashboard is a great addition to a console system.Now is this good for the PC? I don't think so. Steam does a great job replicating the same functionality with their client, sans avatars. The PC market is a much different environment from the console one. Just give us a fast and intuitive interface, and we'll love it.[/citation]

made more sense? the red tab was for live, and it had sections on it for demos, game videos, and non game videos. EASY TO USE.

green was for games
purple was for tweaking system settings, and storage management.

i forget what orange and yellow were for, i never used them much at all.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they'll start charging us for their crappy services too, we're doomed.

P.S. I love Gabe Newell

Status
Not open for further replies.