Question videocard bottleneck

Aug 14, 2024
so i am playing games at gtx 760 i5 4690 8gb ram ddr 3 and after while i noticed that something is wrong i am playing games at 1080 p and lets say game gives me 40 fps i go and lower my graphics at lowest bring my resolution to 480 p (800x600 or lower) and still fps doesnt goes up no changes its still once i have gt 730 that when i lower something my fps went always higher thats how lowering graphics works it gives u more frames but not on this gpu so there is no fps cap or something nothing like that what can be problem i dont think its bottle neck i just cant think of name of this thread

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
so i am playing games at gtx 760 i5 4690 8gb ram ddr 3 and after while i noticed that something is wrong i am playing games at 1080 p and lets say game gives me 40 fps i go and lower my graphics at lowest bring my resolution to 480 p (800x600 or lower) and still fps doesnt goes up no changes its still once i have gt 730 that when i lower something my fps went always higher thats how lowering graphics works it gives u more frames but not on this gpu so there is no fps cap or something nothing like that what can be problem i dont think its bottle neck i just cant think of name of this thread
No change when lowering the resolution says the CPU limiting the FPS. The 760 is a much better card than the 730.
With the 730 the video card limited your FPS.

Just 8GB of memory is low for todays games.

Aug 14, 2024
No change when lowering the resolution says the CPU limiting the FPS. The 760 is a much better card than the 730.
With the 730 the video card limited your FPS.

Just 8GB of memory is low for todays games.
and what can i do about that when cpu bottlenecking my fps

Aug 14, 2024
You can run something like OCCT to test the processor and make sure the temps are not so high that the processor thermal throttles.
i once get pc shut down maybe bc of cpu overheat my 1 core was hitting 80 plus and others was good

i am thinking if somehow it is possible to overclock cpu