videos don't play on msn black screen

azlady

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
When I click on a news item on msn page, it goes to a black box, but never plays the video. Any ideas why or any setting I might have to change>

Solution
IE has some ways to block harmful content that the other browsers do not have. In Tools, you can click on "ActiveX Filtering" to turn it on and off (a check mark shows when it is on). I turn it on and off to help protect. When I'm on a website that I can trust and want to see a video, I just uncheck it, and sometimes you just have to have to reload the page to get it to show the video.

However, since your issue is also happening in Chrome browser, I would uninstall Adobe Flash Player, reboot (always a good idea even if not prompted to do so), and then go to www.Adobe.com and download and install the correct Adobe Flash Player for your operating system and 32-bit or 64-bit. Never download Adobe FlashPlayer from ANY other website...
IE has some ways to block harmful content that the other browsers do not have. In Tools, you can click on "ActiveX Filtering" to turn it on and off (a check mark shows when it is on). I turn it on and off to help protect. When I'm on a website that I can trust and want to see a video, I just uncheck it, and sometimes you just have to have to reload the page to get it to show the video.

However, since your issue is also happening in Chrome browser, I would uninstall Adobe Flash Player, reboot (always a good idea even if not prompted to do so), and then go to www.Adobe.com and download and install the correct Adobe Flash Player for your operating system and 32-bit or 64-bit. Never download Adobe FlashPlayer from ANY other website, NEVER!!!! Always only use the real company's website, not a 2nd or third-party website from links.

Solution