[SOLVED] Videos freeze in full screen

rufusmcd

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will still play. I have tried three different players all with the same results. Also Kodi will freeze when I open it, Youtube videos will play full screen. I have tried several different video files also with the same results. Any ideas of what the problem might be? I have updated the video drive as well. Thanks!

Solution
I think it had something to do with the hdmi cable going to the computer. It was bent. I unplugged it and I also use the hdmi port built in to the computer for my desktop monitor and I use the hdmi port from the video card to go to my home theater receiver. Before I used a dvi to hdmi cable to go from the video card to the desktop monitor. I dont exactly see the cause and effect but its working. Thanks!

rufusmcd

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
I think it had something to do with the hdmi cable going to the computer. It was bent. I unplugged it and I also use the hdmi port built in to the computer for my desktop monitor and I use the hdmi port from the video card to go to my home theater receiver. Before I used a dvi to hdmi cable to go from the video card to the desktop monitor. I dont exactly see the cause and effect but its working. Thanks!

Solution