Nosferatu

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2004

Any info...

I happen to capture A virgo class when playing Enforcers.

So that leads to a biunch of questions.

1. Does the Virgo class owned by other race than CoM give also
minefield immunity to ships of that race? My LOG messages show this but
can I rely on that to happen.

2. What about gravitonic mines. Do I gain immunity also for grav with
jumping a PAX (jumppoint generator) with Virgo through every minefield
in universe?

Just though to steal Nosferatu's thread here... =)

I just noticed, that CoM get's a host log saying the galactic bank has
collected taxes allthough my population is on board Sagittarius. Number
the host tells the G-Bank has received is just about correct, if my
population were on planet.

However the G-bank receives no money. Is the money in byte heaven or
on board ships? My math's not so good today, so just thought if
someone would know.

Thanks,

Skies

And another one. Does anyone know the optimal wing combination for the
CoM?

I got carried away and almost wrote a manual for them, so I guess I'll
just polish it and post it to the public..

Skies

Nosferatu

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2004

david_ba...@hotmail.com wrote:
> 1) Yes
>
> 2) No

And one more question.

I remember reading from some where that the range Virgo gives the
immunity is 100 ly is this correct or is it something else?

I don't understand the second part of this answer. Are you saying that
the Virgo doesn't give grav minefield immunity to same race ships or
that it doesn't work with the Pax?

I have never played CoM but from the stats something with a T1/T3
combination with a ratio of 8/2 should be good. Perhaps some more T3. THe T1
don´t gives them much more energy per MC so the only reason to put T1 in is
to protect the T3 and store some energy. As Sand Caster can target T3 even
with T1 presend and we have not 100% sand immuney any more one could
consider to put more T3 in it. (perhaps 8/3). The mi sould be similar to the
Aczanny T2/T3 mix (who do very good at 8/2). I would never put T2 in the
wing as it has missiles and greater range than T3. I I want to use missiles
I would use a fifty/fifty mix of T1/T2. (T2 has more generator power and
battery per MC).

Malus with these combinations is that the travel range per turn will only be
300ly for the whole wing. But this is only from stats but perhaps I could
help you.

Greetings
Sebastian

"Skies" <jhollanti@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> And another one. Does anyone know the optimal wing combination for the
> CoM?
>
> I got carried away and almost wrote a manual for them, so I guess I'll
> just polish it and post it to the public..
>
> Skies

RedHerring

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2003

Nosferatu wrote:
> Any info...
>
> I happen to capture A virgo class when playing Enforcers.
>
> So that leads to a biunch of questions.
>
> 1. Does the Virgo class owned by other race than CoM give also
> minefield immunity to ships of that race? My LOG messages show this
but
> can I rely on that to happen.
>
> 2. What about gravitonic mines. Do I gain immunity also for grav with
> jumping a PAX (jumppoint generator) with Virgo through every
minefield
> in universe?

The immunity does not extend to hyp. The Pax and all ships hyping with
it, would be forced out of hyp like normal. But if you warped i.e
normal movement into the grav mines you would be immune thats if you
started with in 10ly of a virgo with HG and a wing docked to it.

Ok. So I take it the cash is not collected at all.

Thanks,

Skies

Thanks man. I added some of that to the CoM manual. You might want to
check in few days when it comes out.

Skies

I do think the Hyp-Blockade of Grav-Minefields is not disabled by the Vigo
but you´ll never hit a grav mine. As the question was wheather you can jump
everywhere (through mines) with a Pax-Vigo combo the answer is: No, you´re
not able to jump through grav minefields but you can fly through them with
warp without hitting a mine.

Greetings
Sebastian

"soxee" <crooksy9@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I don't understand the second part of this answer. Are you saying that
> the Virgo doesn't give grav minefield immunity to same race ships or
> that it doesn't work with the Pax?

Sparrow

To avoid misunderstandings:
On a base the taxes collected are split. 1/3 goes to the GalacticBank,
2/3 are kept at the base. On your ship all (3/3) cash is kept, nothing
goes to the GB. You are loosing no MCs, they are just distributed
differently.

Aye captain. Now we're in clear waters.

Thanks for taking a turn at the helm. =)

Skies