ShyShadowMine

Commendable
Jul 5, 2022
Hi there!

I've started noticing some odd visual glitches, yesterday being the worst. (Before i continue, i do not have any video footage of it, yesterday my desktop wasn't being recorded by shadowplay)

- In game i often see these weird little green glitches/artifacts, it's mostly around edges of objects in games, i mostly notice this when moving the camera in games, once the camera is still they're not there (Note this happens in EVERY game). This happens to both my monitors i use.

- Yesterday my pc went into sleep mode, as i unlocked it, discord was on my main monitor and had this weird background that was black with red, grey and blue pixels/squares. When i moved it around from monitor to monitor it persisted, after like a minute it went away.

- A few days ago a game kept crashing upon launch, so i tried restarting my pc, when i did and logged in, my desktop background was a bunch of white squares with black outlines, like every pixel was white with a black outline.

Now, might i add that i do get crashes sometimes, and in the event viewer they are always nvlddmkm related crashes. My GPU is also slightly overclocked, both 50mhz on clock and memory.

I'm wondering whether this is a GPU issue, cable issue or monitor issue.

I do use Lian Li strimers, but i have tested it without them and the green artifacts were still there. I've also tried to get an older GPU driver, which didn't help.

My system:
- Mobo: MSI MPG Z690 Edge WIFI DDR4
- CPU: I7 12700K
- RAM: 4x16gb DDR4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ (fresh set, i had the same set but 32GB 2 weeks ago)
- GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
- PSU: Corsair RM850 (2021)
- CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115I RGB Platinum
- Storage: - 500GB 970 Evo Plus (boot)
- 1TB 970 Evo
- 2x 2TB 970 Evo
- 1x 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

(i need both the storage and RAM for my photo and video work)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'm wondering whether this is a GPU issue, cable issue or monitor issue.
Easiest to test it out would be screen recording (e.g with OBS Studio) and look if artifacts show up in video as well or not.

If not, the issue is with monitor/cable/video port on GPU.
But if artifacts do show up in recorded video as well, issue is with GPU, since screen recording is done before image leaves GPU.