Question Vizio L32 TV Not Responding to / Recognizing Input Source

michaelm101

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Rarely used TV HDMI port stopped working on Vizio L32 TV.

SO, I got an HDMI to standard video (3 cable) converter and went into the old school inputs on the TV.
All was fine.

The TV was moved, and I have tried connecting a verified source (DVD PLAYER) to both old school inputs and am not getting anything on screen.

Please help!

Thanks very much in advance!

just try different devices, and different cables in each of ports.
device output ports and cables can also fail, doesn't necessarily have to be the TV.
i see many instances where lower quality cables and signal converters start causing issues or fail completely all the time.

but, if the first TV port was damaged/failed that easily, i wouldn't be surprised if the others have as well.

this TV only had a single HDMI input?
must be pretty old if so.
Vizio may produce some higher quality models now, but they were a very low quality generic option not too long ago.

michaelm101

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
just try different devices, and different cables in each of ports.
device output ports and cables can also fail, doesn't necessarily have to be the TV.
i see many instances where lower quality cables and signal converters start causing issues or fail completely all the time.

but, if the first TV port was damaged/failed that easily, i wouldn't be surprised if the others have as well.

this TV only had a single HDMI input?
must be pretty old if so.
Vizio may produce some higher quality models now, but they were a very low quality generic option not too long ago.
I verified the input source by plugging it into another monitor/TV.
Yes, this Vizio is OK, I inherited it from my late best friend and it’s kind of sentimental to me…