Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsey

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
After Windows did some strange stuff upon startup, Vocaloid 5 no longer opens on my friend's computer. It's running Windows 10, version 1903.

Background:
(I'm sorry this isn't very specific, it's from what my friend told me before I started troubleshooting)
  • My friend has been using Vocaloid 5 for several months with no issues.
  • Today, when he started up his computer, it forced him to reset his PIN, which is odd because his account isn't managed. After he did that, it had him log into his Microsoft account again and go through some sync settings. He set everything up, and it sat on the "getting your computer ready" screen for a while before starting up normally.
  • When he tried starting Vocaloid 5, it gave him some sort of error message and closed. This shows in Event Viewer as System.Xml.XmlException
  • He tried to fix this by installing .NET Framework 4.8, reinstalling Vocaloid 5, then restarting.
  • Vocaloid still wouldn't start, but instead of any error popups, it simply closed at the splash screen. This shows in Event Viewer as System.AccessViolationException
  • He tried updating to a newer version of Vocaloid 5, but it still wouldn't launch with the error that the user configuration files were corrupted. It would try and fail to initialize them, then close.
Troubleshooting:
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the older version of Vocaloid 5
  • Checked the configuration files I could find for Vocaloid, nothing seemed wrong with them
  • Tried copying the old config files from before the update, then putting them back after updating. Still said they were corrupted.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled again to go back to the older version.
  • Tried uninstalling/reinstalling both .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.8.
Right now, I'm back at the older version with the splash screen crash and the System.AccessViolationException error. I've been messing with it for hours and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next.

Here are the full error logs from Event Viewer:
Initial error:
Application: VOCALOID5.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactories(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.Properties.Settings.get_Application_Upgraded()
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.UpgradeAppSettings()
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.Main()

After installing .NET Framework 4.8, reinstalling Vocaloid 5, and restarting:
Application: VOCALOID5.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.DSE.DSEManagerIF.VIS_DSE_InitializeManager(IntPtr, IntPtr)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.DSE.DSEManagerIF.CreateManager(Yamaha.VOCALOID.VDM.DatabaseManager)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.InitializeModule(Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.SplashWindow)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at Yamaha.VOCALOID.VOCALOID5.App.Main()

kapsey

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Vocaloid was just updated.

Reference:

https://www.vocaloid.com/en/support/download/update_v5e/

By "PIN number" do you mean the email delivered "download code"

Could be that the download was corrupted or the installation itself had a problem.

Try the update again.
Alright, I’ll have him try that update. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Ah, by PIN I meant the password you use to login to Windows. Sorry for the confusion there.

kapsey

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Vocaloid was just updated.

Reference:

https://www.vocaloid.com/en/support/download/update_v5e/

By "PIN number" do you mean the email delivered "download code"

Could be that the download was corrupted or the installation itself had a problem.

Try the update again.

We tried the update, it gives the same error upon launch as the other update did:
“The user configuration file will be initialized because it is corrupted.”
“Failed to initialize user configuration file. VOCALOID5 Editor will now close.”

Looking at the VOCALOID5.exe.config and VOCALOID5.dll.config files, I don’t really see any problems. I’m not sure if the issue has anything to do with that.

kapsey

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Alright, I finally figured it out.
I went to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Yamaha\VOCALOID5.exe\ and deleted the user.config files from the folders inside it.
When I relaunched the program, it remade the config files with no issue and started normally.
Thanks to everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.