Voicemail & IN Network

I know this subject has been beaten to death around here, but
according to my February billing statement, "...beginning with your
April 2004 billing statement..." voicemail retrieval will no longer be
classified as "IN Network".

I took this to mean that the change would be applied beginning with
calls appearing on my April 2004 billing statement. Well, I've got my
April billing statement, and all VM retrieval calls WERE classified as
"IN Network".

Did I misinterpret the effective date of this change? Is the change
supposed to apply to VM retrieval calls made AFTER my April 2004
billing statement date?

"Michael Quinlan" <my02explorer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I know this subject has been beaten to death around here, but
> according to my February billing statement, "...beginning with your
> April 2004 billing statement..." voicemail retrieval will no longer be
> classified as "IN Network".
>
> I took this to mean that the change would be applied beginning with
> calls appearing on my April 2004 billing statement. Well, I've got my
> April billing statement, and all VM retrieval calls WERE classified as
> "IN Network".
>
> Did I misinterpret the effective date of this change? Is the change
> supposed to apply to VM retrieval calls made AFTER my April 2004
> billing statement date?

Michael, my billing cycle is from the 5th of March through the 4th of April.
So, the bill I received from VerizonWireless in April contains mostly calls
from March. The several calls that I made for mailbox retreival during
March are classified as "MR" or "MNR", thus being charged to my In-Network
minutes. The one mailbox call that I made between April 1st and April 4th
was classified as "R", thus being charged to my anytime allowance minutes.
So, I'm assuming that their "April 2004 billing statement" means calls made
during April. Just a guess based upon my current bill.

Harold

"Harold Sherrill" <hlsherrill@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<TLvec.6971$FA5.3448@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>...

> Michael, my billing cycle is from the 5th of March through the 4th of April.
> So, the bill I received from VerizonWireless in April contains mostly calls
> from March. The several calls that I made for mailbox retreival during
> March are classified as "MR" or "MNR", thus being charged to my In-Network
> minutes. The one mailbox call that I made between April 1st and April 4th
> was classified as "R", thus being charged to my anytime allowance minutes.
> So, I'm assuming that their "April 2004 billing statement" means calls made
> during April. Just a guess based upon my current bill.

I had one VM Retrieval call in April that was classified as "RA", but
it was made with *86 for some reason, so I can't really tell if there
was a change or not. Other VM Retrieval calls in April were
classified as either "RMN" or "RMW".

The next statement should be a better indicator.

On the Verizon Network if you have M2M in your plan.. Try an old trick.
Try dailing your own number from you mobile phone. You should hear your
own voice. Hit * or# and enter your code to retrive your message. If it
works, save your number in speed dial number 1 in your cell phone. Try
it for a month, your minute usage should come out of your National -In
Network mobile 2 mobile mins. That use to work, if it doesn`t anymore
then it will come out of your reg min anyway.

--
Wireless Guy

The Cellphone Guy..
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t116856.html

"Wireless Guy" <Wireless.Guy.14n133@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:Wireless.Guy.14n133@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> On the Verizon Network if you have M2M in your plan.. Try an old trick.
> Try dailing your own number from you mobile phone. You should hear your
> own voice. Hit * or# and enter your code to retrive your message. If it
> works, save your number in speed dial number 1 in your cell phone. Try
> it for a month, your minute usage should come out of your National -In
> Network mobile 2 mobile mins. That use to work, if it doesn`t anymore
> then it will come out of your reg min anyway.

[snip]

In the Houston area, since April 1st, it comes out of the regular minute
bucket (peak/off peak) instead of the In-Network bucket. Prior to April
1st, either *86 or dialing your own cell number came out of the M2M bucket.

Harold

SmartyPants <aipeasr@hot(remove_this)mail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
>> trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
>> network usage.
>
> They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
> along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
> minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(

Which shouldn't surprise anyone who actually reads their bills, as VZW said
a month ago (or more) that this change was going to take effect.

> Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
> trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
> network usage.

They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(

reply address bot resistant and human safe

In article <mc2dnScEz_MKwuDdRVn-hg@lmi.net>,
Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
>SmartyPants <aipeasr@hot(remove_this)mail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Harold, But to be on the safe side try the dailing your number
>>> trick in case you are traveling and the *86 code does not give you in
>>> network usage.
>>
>> They are on to us. I always dial my own number. It is saved in speed dial
>> along with the area code and PIN for when I travel. It does not save peak
>> minutes in the NYC area anymore. :(
>
>Which shouldn't surprise anyone who actually reads their bills, as VZW said
>a month ago (or more) that this change was going to take effect.

They now trap calls from your phone to its own number. They already
knew this; this is why you went to VM in retrieval mode in this case,
not message deposit mode. Now, suppose you dial your phone from another
VZW phone, let the call go to (your) VM, and hit # to go to retrieval
mode. Will that be M2M (for the calling phone)? Just leaving a message
on your VM would be? Seems most useful between family plan phones,
but as long as the call would normally be M2M, it would work?