[SOLVED] Volume too low when maxed out

Aug 13, 2019
Hello, I own LG G7 ThinQ

I had this ongoing issue, I bought and refunded quite a few headphones and earbuds already looking for something satisfying

While more expensive earbuds just don't seem to fit my ear for whatever reason, headphones I owned have a slightly different issue..

Most of them seem to be just too quiet, I had this issue with ATH-M40x, and I have it now with isk hd9999, they'd be almost perfect otherwise

Is there any possible fix for headphones being too quiet?(I should probably add that ATH-AD500X for example are not too quiet at all, my current cheap earbuds JBL Tune 210 get too loud even before getting volume setting to ~90% as well, so it doesn't seem to be hardware related issue)

Solution
So there is not "fix" for that..

I quick fix, i believe not. But you could get a headphone amplifier with the right amount of output or go for something with higher sensitivity, like ATH-M60x if you want something from Audio-Technica in he same line. Though those are a bit more pricey then 40s. Better yet then check out the DT 770 Pro's from Beyer.

Though might need to do some calculations to be sure that hey actually will be louder. DT 770's come in different impedance versions.

Edit; There should be some online calculators for this.
You can download browser extension that let you increase the volume of any audio source coming from your browser. Sometime in youtube the videos are not loud enough and I use the Volume Master extension for chrome. You can crank it up to 600%.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
So there is not "fix" for that..

I quick fix, i believe not. But you could get a headphone amplifier with the right amount of output or go for something with higher sensitivity, like ATH-M60x if you want something from Audio-Technica in he same line. Though those are a bit more pricey then 40s. Better yet then check out the DT 770 Pro's from Beyer.

Though might need to do some calculations to be sure that hey actually will be louder. DT 770's come in different impedance versions.

Edit; There should be some online calculators for this.

Solution