Question W2019 server: Undelete software solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm in a pickle where poor airflow caused high temperatures which resulted in my backup server to lose a drive. Naturally this is the precise time when an enduser deletes her main folder where she keeps her work. I'm unable to locate her deleted folder/files and the backup is inaccessible for now as it rebuilds itself.

I'm looking for some undelete software that I can load on a few key servers to prevent this from happening again. I once used a program called Undelete by executive software which was specifically made for servers. I can't seem to find that software or anything similar to it. I can find monthly subscription services with an annual commitment, not acceptable.

Does anyone have a software recommendation I can try/purchase?

Thanks in advance

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
You don't have Volume Shadow Copy enabled?
Inherited. Never even thought to look.

As it turned out, the dreaded "te-he-he" entered the picture. Called end-user to let her know, despite all the looking and the undelete software I located and installed didn't find anything, even in the recycle bin going back 5 days, and to let he know the only file with her name on it was located in a sub folder. She says "te-he-te-he' oh somebody must have moved it. It's all there."

Frustrating! 3 hours wasted for nothing. I did manage to find undelete software for windows server 2019 though.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Inherited. Never even thought to look.

As it turned out, the dreaded "te-he-he" entered the picture. Called end-user to let her know, despite all the looking and the undelete software I located and installed didn't find anything, even in the recycle bin going back 5 days, and to let he know the only file with her name on it was located in a sub folder. She says "te-he-te-he' oh somebody must have moved it. It's all there."

Frustrating! 3 hours wasted for nothing. I did manage to find undelete software for windows server 2019 though.

Somebody owes somebody an apology and lunch, it seems...

Jan 25, 2022
I am not too good with software, so I had to ask for a professional to develop the system software application for our company.
Very respectful of people who are good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.